
My friend was telling me recently about the previous owner of zappos and how he ran his company in a way that promoted self-motivation and authentic passion from his employees.
In fact, zappos would pay you a lump sum (of $6,000?) if and when you left their company. This would ensure that those working for zappos believed in the mission statement and genuinely WANTED to be there. Even with that whopper of a carrot dangling in front of their faces, they chose to work rather than get free money.... Genius. why don’t more companies do this?
When it comes to relationships, I take a similar policy to zappos. I’ve grown more confident over the years, (perhaps as a direct result of my callousness) and I don’t see a need to be needy. If a (real) man wants to be with me, he will. So why worry that he might leave me for someone else? That would be to his total and utter detriment anyways…. Yes, I trust in my own worthiness, but I also give this hypothetical partner the benefit of the doubt that he recognizes the treasure that he has (ho ho ho). And if he doesn’t want it anymore, by all means; here are 6,000+ (very expensive) memories. Take them and go~
Live long and prosper!
No comments:
Post a Comment
leave me love