it turns out i haven't given blood to the Red Cross since 2003?? I remember now the last time I tried to give blood, it was in 2006 and I was denied because of my low iron.Today I was very excited to give a bag and then it turns out I still have low iron... this explains many things~ Like how I'm always sleepy and feeling tired, which would explain why I nap so much during the day and still sleep well at night.
I hate how they always call my house though... at first I used to pick up because I was scared that they were calling to tell me that I had some weird blood disease that I picked up from a toilet seat.... then I realized their desperation for donors.
Did you know less than 2% of Americans donate blood??? that's pretty sad for a country full of fatties. we're seriously walking blood bags!! i bet people in korea couldn't give blood even if they wanted to because they can't satisfy the weight and iron requirement. and there's always a constant demand, says Red Cross.
My new goal is to give blood twice a year. and be healthy enough to do it! vitamins and total cereal, get in me belly!
Starve a vampire! Donate blood!
if only i could... do it for the both of us! joyce hwaiting!!
ReplyDelete